纪伯伦《先知》情感美文:论爱情(中英文对照)

jibolun

论爱情

——纪伯伦《先知》情感美文摘抄

 

When love beckons to you follow him,

 

Though his ways are hard and steep.

 

当爱情向你招手时,追随它,即使其道路是艰险的;

 

And when his wings enfold you yield to him,

 

Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.

 

当它的翅膀拥抱你时,请沉浸其中,即使它的羽翼的锋刃将割伤你的身体.

 

And when he speaks to you believe in him,

 

Though his voice may shatter your dreams as the north wind lays waste the garden.

 

当它与你倾谈时,相信它的言辞,即使它的话语将粉碎你的梦想,仿佛北风将花园蹂躏成废墟.

 

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you.

 

Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.

 

因为爱情会为你戴上王冠,也会将你钉于十字架之上;

 

它的所为是为了你的成长,因此将你修整.

 

Even as he ascends to your height and caresses

 

your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,

 

So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

 

即使它攀扶而上,轻拂你最为幼嫩的,颤抖地伸向太阳的枝条,

 

它也会俯拾而下,撼动你延展向地心深处的根源.

 

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.

 

如同捆扎玉米,它将你聚集在自身之上,

 

He threshes you to make you naked.

 

它鞭笞你的肉体,使之赤裸,

 

He sifts you to free you from your husks.

 

它提炼你,使你从外壳中得以升华.

 

He grinds you to whiteness.

 

它将你研磨,直至纯白无垢.

 

He kneads you until you are pliant;

 

And then he assigns you to his sacred fire,

 

that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

 

它梳理,揉捏,直至你变得柔顺,再将你投入祭祀的火焰中,

 

你会成为上帝圣宴中的面包,他的血与肉.

 

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart,

 

and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

 

爱情对你所做的一切使你洞悉自身内心的奥秘,

 

而这奥秘也是生命内核的一片碎片.

 

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,

 

但惟有在你的恐惧之中,你才会寻觅到爱情的祥和与愉悦,

 

Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness

 

and pass out of love's threshing-floor,

 

Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh,

 

but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.

 

此时,你只需遮掩赤子之身,穿越爱情的试炼之所,去向让你放声高笑,

 

没有时令的世界.但在那个世界中,不仅有欢笑,还有叹息,但也不全是泪水.

 

Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.

 

Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;

 

For love is sufficient unto love.

 

爱情只给人以爱情,也只带走爱情,

 

爱情一无所有,也不为人所征服,

 

只因爱情属于其自身.

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart,"

 

but rather, I am in the heart of God."

 

当你沉浸于爱情中时,你不要说,"上帝在我的心中",而是说"我在上帝的心中"

 

And think not you can direct the course of love, for love,

 

if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

 

你无法指出爱情的方向,而爱情,当它发觉你够资格,自会为你指引方向.

 

Love has no other desire but to fulfil itself.

 

爱情除去自身,别无所求.

 

But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:

 

但当你陷于爱情中,沉溺在欲望里,那么请听从欲望的指引,

 

To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.

 

融化,如同在夜间吟唱,流淌的河流,

 

To know the pain of too much tenderness.
这疼痛过于稚嫩,

 

To be wounded by your own understanding of love;

 

它由你对爱情的体悟而生,

 

And to bleed willingly and joyfully.

 

快乐,并心甘情愿地献上鲜血.

 

To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;

 

它由晨曦时带着翅膀的心唤醒,向爱情的另一日致谢,

 

To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;

 

它在午时休憩,思索爱情的喜悦,

 

To return home at eventide with gratitude;

 

在黄昏时分满载感恩之情回到家中.

 

And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart

 

and a song of praise upon your lips

 

随后它怀着对心中挚爱的祈祷,和你唇边的歌谣坠入梦乡.

  • 心情簿订阅号
  • 扫一扫心情簿订阅号
  • weinxin
  • 心情簿订阅号
  • 扫一扫心情簿订阅号
  • weinxin
老谈

发表评论

:?: :razz: :sad: :evil: :!: :smile: :oops: :grin: :eek: :shock: :???: :cool: :lol: :mad: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :cry: :mrgreen: